Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Running And A Birthday Party

I'm starting to think going on a run solves all the world's problems

If I seem restless lately, it's because I have been. I recently was working a pretty stressful job and then was let go, and the past few days have just been really long. While everyone else has been at work or school, I've sat in my apartment mostly just thinking. I only have two roommates, and they're gone a lot. So, I have a whole apartment to myself for long periods of time. haha it would be pretty awesome if I wanted to have a party, I guess. And I have lots of time for blogging, too..... haha just in case everybody wanted to hear more from me.

Anyway, so the other night I decided to go for a run. That's what I do when l'm stressed out or thinking a lot. For just that short period of time, I can think about anything I need to and get all my worrying out of the way. Then, when I get back, nothing seems quite as bad. My head is clear, and I can think and concentrate better. I feel like, when you're running, you have so many good ideas and solve so many problems with that endorphin rush.

For all of you who don't run, it's a good way to clear your head and let yourself unwind. Yeah, it does hurt sometimes, but you always feel better when you're done, and it's a good way to release frustration. Especially when you think as much as I do, your thoughts can get in the way sometimes and do more harm than good with all day to think. Running helps me slow everything down and forget my problems for a little while.

On a side note, next week is my 22nd birthday. I'm throwing a party for everybody who wants to come, and have probably invited most of my friends. It should be a lot of fun, though I'm worried I might have invited too many people and won't be able to talk to all of them much. haha I guess that's why they invented pizza, so everybody could feel united and eat together. It really does make me feel good to realize how many friends I've made here in Provo. I've been really blessed to meet some great people and have so many more friends than I ever thought I would make. When I first moved here my freshman year, I felt incredibly lonely and felt like I just wanted to leave since I had no friends yet. After nearly 4 years, so much has changed for the better. I would be ungrateful if I didn't thank the Lord for all I have.

I don't know how I feel about getting older. It really doesn't seem like much of a big deal to me, and I feel like I should be the one giving things to other people for making my life as good as it has been.

So, that's about it for now. Leave a comment and tell me what other kind of posts you'd like to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment