Friday, May 18, 2012

Working The Day Shift

"It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about." -Dale Carnegie

I have a job now. I'm a park host at Seven Peaks water park here in Provo and will be working full time once we open on May 26. I'm glad to have a job, since I'm actually making money and supporting myself. I haven't been able to say that in a while!

However, it's a little bit weird having this schedule. It's been a long time since I've been able to consistently wake up before 10 in the morning..... and I will have to do that all Summer long now! So, I am finally going to have to figure out how to wake up in the morning or get fired. I think I'll take the first option. haha and I have to work Friday and Saturday every weekend the rest of the Summer, since I'm a supervisor at the water park. I'm not to worried about it, just glad to have a job with fairly consistent 9-5 hours every day without a lot of menial tasks.

I realized a yesterday morning that waking up sucks when you stay up late. I should have remembered that, but I haven't had to wake up early in a while since I usually don't schedule classes for the morning.... and when I do I sleep through them.... yeah, that was kind of a problem. Anyway, I was pretty grumpy at work yesterday, so I'm think I'll start going to bed earlier now. I'm a lot more tired when I'm working during the day, too, since having to talk and negotiate with people for hours at a time is more exhausting than you'd think.

I had my first kiss a couple weeks ago from today. It was pretty enjoyable, but just decided I'd bury this in a post so it doesn't seem like I'm bragging about it or anything. It came near the end of the date I was on and just kind of happened, not even awkward or anything. Girls are kinda cool, I enjoy dating. It can be frustrating at times, but then there's those moments when things seem to be worth it for all the trouble you go through.

I'm also in a dinner group in my new ward at Glenwood. This means I get dinner every night, actually a pretty good dinner. It's been several years since I've had that, since I just don't usually know what to buy to cook good food for more than a few types of dinner when I shop. I enjoy actually eating dinner most nights. Maybe that's why some people like to cook. haha

I'm starting to make some new friends in the ward, my job is going pretty well, the weather is good for running at night again, it's baseball season, and I am going home for the weekend tomorrow. Life is good.



1 comment: