Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I found this scripture really meaningful...

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

-2 Corinthians 4:14

I've found today that I was having a hard time in certain situations that have been there lately in my life. Then, I read this and I realized that these things are good for me. I may not be positive where I'll end up. And I may not know what will happen. But, I'm being shaped by what's happening, God has a plan, and that's all I really need to know. Those things which I can't see, both in the future and those which I'm just having a hard time seeing right now, are what will last. I can't base all my emotions on what I'm seeing and feeling at one moment. I know that things will be okay and I'll be able to get through every trial and decision in life as long as I'm following the right path and have faith that the Lord knows where it's going. 

And I know this same thing applies to everybody who's reading this. Hope it helps you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment