Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Night Before School Starts

Tomorrow comes the start of another semester at BYU. As far as where I'm at, I guess I'm on Academic Warning in school for failing a class during the Summer. That was really bad. I can't believe that really happened, but I guess I'll just have to try harder this semester. That's not asking too much, and I think I can do well this time if I put more work into everything. So, I'll probably be really busy starting tomorrow and might not have a whole lot of time to do much outside of school for a while.

Aside from that, I'm getting a little worn out in the dating department. It seems like just about the same thing happens every time I meet somebody who feels like she might be right for me, which is that she seems to get bored and find somebody else. And it also feels like I'm usually shafted and left for the same type of guy. Not sure what to do about that, and I don't know how well I can keep going on with the dating game at the moment. However, I'm sure it will turn out well soon enough. So, I will keep trying and just have faith that I'll meet the right person at the right time. I'm a little scared to continue, honestly. Guess that's natural.

Got to go and run a half marathon a couple weeks ago. It was actually longer than I thought it would be. I'd only ran about 8.5 miles before that run, so it was nearly 5 miles longer than anything I'd done before. Just glad I finished it. The run was at night during a full moon and supposedly also during a meteor shower, which I didn't see. Still, it may have been the prettiest run I've ever been on.

Also, my longtime buddy from Colorado, Steven Allred, randomly moved into an apartment below mine last week, and it's kind of cool having a good friend in the ward.

I think I'm gonna have a really good year. Things seem to be looking up. And maybe I'll finally have some better luck with dating, especially inside the ward. Who knows? Only about a year and a half left until I graduate. Here's to making it the best 18 months of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment