Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Confronting the Past and Moving On

Today, I went to my last class and saw somebody in it who I'd been almost trying to avoid for a while. This girl and I were kind of close to dating a while back, and then it was tough when it ended. So, things have been kind of awkward ever since then, and I haven't been able to see her anymore without feeling sad. I'd kind of moved on, and now it's bringing back old memories and feelings I was trying to forget. However, I'm starting to think this is a good thing. Sometimes, you're going to be put in situations where you have to confront your past. I think that only by confronting your past can you better control your future. Without completely addressing things you only suppressed, they'll only continue to come up and bother you. So, it looks like I'll to have to do that somehow. I believe everything happens for a reason, including ending up in the same class as this girl. So, I'm going to embrace the situation and hopefully become a stronger person through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment