Friday, March 25, 2011

Unwatchable

You know how there's some people who use certain words or phrases over and over? I had a friend in one of my classes who decided to count all the times one of the guys in the class said "like" while making a comment. I think it may have been over 10. I think there's a lot of people who do this.

Now, if you happen to be a person who doesn't mind watching R-rated movies, you'll often see a trend very similar. Just about every minute contains an F-bomb. If you think about how many times it's thrown out there for no particular reason, you may just start to realize how unwatchable it really is.

I'm not usually all that keen on watching these types of movies, but I will often overhear them, and it's really annoying. I honestly don't know how people could enjoy watching a movie which repeats one word so often. Why is this particular word okay to say repeatedly while any other word said with the same frequency would be ridiculous?

It's honestly not much different than teenagers who repeat the word "like" in nearly every sentence. People get to the point where they don't even realize one word is being repeated over and over. They don't care.

That's not me. I don't understand the appeal of swearing so often, and I don't think we have to watch this junk that Hollywood keeps pouring out. It's not good. Then again, people can and usually will do whatever they want.

Let's at least try and be a bit smarter with what we watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment