Friday, April 15, 2011

"I Think You're Adorable"

What is that supposed to really mean?

A couple of nights ago, I sang in a concert with the BYU University Chorale. That was a good experience, especially since I don't get a lot of chances to sing in a big choir.

Anyway, after the concert I was making my way out and was tapped on the back by a girl. She said something to the effect of: "Excuse me. I know this is really awkward. This is probably the last time I'll see you. I'm kind of weird and like watching people sing. But, I think you're adorable."

It was definitely a little unexpected. I wasn't sure how to respond, so I just thanked her and left.

There was a lot that ran through my mind about what to say. I thought about asking for her number or if she'd like to do something this weekend, especially since she was kind of cute. However, it was just such an ambiguous statement. Did she mean adorable like a little kid or something more? I really am not quite sure. How young I look usually causes me to question things like that. I may never know.

I tried to find out who she was later that night through Blackboard and Facebook, since it was kind of getting at me. I couldn't find her, though, so maybe she wasn't in the class, or was just watching from the audience. Oh well, I guess. At least it made my night a little better.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment