Wednesday, March 31, 2010

About Me

My name is Derek Chandler and I am a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. It feels weird for me to create a blog, since I have not always been a huge fan of blogs. But, I guess I will try it.

I'm not sure what to say. I like having fun, which sometimes affects the quality of my work. I have had instances where I watch a movie or go to a game instead of doing homework, which I usually regret. I enjoy music, and I have played the trumpet for a while now, although it has been over a year since I practiced regularly. College has made it tough to focus on practicing music. I started learning the piano my senior year of high school, but trying to balance practicing trumpet and piano at the same time has made it hard for me to progress. I enjoy running. It helps me relax when I need to, and helps with my focus. I am not all that fast, but I just run for fun, anyway, so it does not matter all that much.

I like sports, playing and watching. I lived in Colorado for a long time, so my favorite sports teams are also mostly from Colorado. But, I was born in California and lived there for seven years, so teams and other things associated with California I also like. I enjoy writing, as well, and someday I would like to be able to write a book or two, if I can just get enough focus to do it. In the Winter, I love to go skiing and, in the Summer, hiking is fun.

As far as my personality, I am a perfectionist. When I really am into doing something, I do it well, even if it takes a long time to make sure I have done the best I can. I think things through a lot before I do something, which is both good and bad depending on the situation. I'm naturally

I am LDS, or Mormon, and my religion affects a lot of who I am and what I do. I believe in these values, and I try to live them from day to day.

I am a bit tired, so maybe I will write more later. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment